May 26, 2013

Student of the Day: Katie


As I mentioned in a previous post, I want to do a little "Student of the Day" series to document some of the faces that have become so familiar to me over the last few months.

This is Katie. Her Korean name is 승아.  She's in 6th grade and wants to be a science teacher when she grows up. She's one of my star students! I was so proud when she had a conversation with my father during his visit. Katie likes to come hang out in my classroom during lunch hour. She never stays for very long, but I always look forward to our little chats.  She also uses my classroom as a hiding spot from her friends and, more recently, some of her male classmates. Ahh, young love.

This isn't the best picture, but it says "I want to be a middle school science teacher because I like to teach middle school students and study science."

She wants to teach middle school students. I wanted to ask her if she's ever MET any middle school students. She's a braver soul than I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment