Apr 15, 2013

Don't Panic

No, really, don't panic. Nothing has happened. I'm fine.

Side note: I would like to point out that it is 5:15pm on the day when North Korea was allegedly planning to shoot something (at someone?) in honor of Kim Jong Un's grandad's bday, and so far... nothing. 

I'm telling myself not to panic because believe it or not, the end is approaching. I just got my summer camp dates, which means I can now start planning my last trip. On top of that, I'm rapidly approaching my 8 month anniversary of arriving in Korea. 8 months. The year is 2/3 of the way over. I now know exactly when my last day of teaching will be, when my remaining days off are, and when I will most likely be returning to the US. I've even started looking at tickets.

I feel like I still have so much to do and that I won't possibly be able to fit everything in. Already I've signed up for a cherry blossom weekend in Jeonju at the end of the month, started planning a trip to Busan next month, booked my tickets to the Boryeong Mud Festival in July, and secured a place at the Ansan Valley Rock Festival later that month. I still need to find a weekend to get down to Jeju.

And that's just in Korea.

Now I'm trying to figure out where to go for my last vacation in August. The way it works out with vacation days and federal holidays, I'll be able to be gone for 10 consecutive days, starting on August 9th. Theoretically, I could be gone as long as I want because my contract ends after that. However, I'm pretty sure I have to be back by the 21st to move out of my apartment. Also, I'm going to want to take a few days to say goodbye...

Sniffle.

*blows nose, pulls self together*

SO, the question is: where to go? I'm thinking Cambodia and either Vietnam or Southern Thailand (or both).  I definitely want to hit up Angkor Wat, but seeing as that's pretty much all there is to see in Cambodia, I don't intend to stay more than a few days. So I can either go get fabulously tan on Thailand's beaches, or add another stamp to my passport and go to Vietnam. Or, I could try to do both...

God, I'm really going to miss having these problems.


3 comments:

  1. maybe you can do a south east asia trip after your contract ends? i also can't decide, so i'm currently thinking of saving up my won and just taking maybe a 3 week trip before ultimately making my way back to the states.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's also an option, but it would largely depend on my job situation. I'm hoping to be able to line one up before I get back... but that's a whole different area of things to worry about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are both definitely leaving! *gulp, blub*

    ReplyDelete