Mar 18, 2013

Just Keep Swimming

I know. I'm sorry. I haven't been around lately.

I have a number of excuses I could throw at you. The new school year is in full swing, and it's proving itself to be considerably more stressful than last year. I have more work, more responsibility, and the weight of a brand new coteacher who is still finding her feet and learning how to do things like use a hole puncher.

On top of that, I've been fighting a cold for about two weeks now. I can't seem to shake it. I'm not getting any worse, but I'm also not getting any better. I just have a really foul cough that makes me tired.

But the truth is, there just hasn't been much to write about lately. I go to school, come home, maybe go for a run or go to the climbing gym, and then curl up in bed to read, watch tv, or generally cease interacting with the real world. I've been steadily plowing my way through Doctor Who.

(For my fellow Whovians, I just finished season 3 and am hoping Martha is finally out of my life forever. Am also nursing my new-found terror of weeping angels statues. Holy sh*t.)

In other news, I'm supposed to sing a few songs on the ukulele at an open mic night tomorrow, but due to the way my cold seems to be progressing, that might not happen after all. Also, I'm turning a quarter-century old this week, which may or may not be causing a minor existential crisis and/or some vague homesickness.

Peet out.


No comments:

Post a Comment